Commit dialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 10 13:02:27 UTC 2009

On 10.09.09 13:22:02, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat, 10.09.2009:
> > On 10.09.09 11:47:05, David Nolden wrote:
> > > The only problem would be that you could not commit files that are not
> > > part of svn. But I anyway think we should rather have an "Add to
> > > SVN"-like action in the  mecontextnu for those cases. What do you think?
> >
> > I object to this part. I use that all the time (well not in kdevelop, but
> > in eclipse). I hate to manually add the files to svn, not to mention that I
> > usually just forget it. But when reviewing a patch I see #include
> > <somenewfile> and often recall that I needed to select that file to be
> > added. As I said, no problem grouping the files in the list into "selected"
> > and "unselected".
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to show only edited fand untracked files? Why would I
> want to see a file that is not changed at all and already in SVN?

Unchanged, but tracked files shouldn't be shown at all, even now in the
commit dialog.

> Additionally it would be important to honor the svn:ignore settings. That way
> unrelated diffs, patches, backup files will not be added to the list. At least
> not when the user properly excludes them.

Hmm, IIRC we already do an svn stat to find out the items for the list, but
it might be that we don't handle one or two of the possible info-types,
leading us to include ignore'd files.

Don't read any sky-writing for the next two weeks.