KDevelop does not handle add_definitions in cmake files

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 24 20:51:07 UTC 2009

On 24.10.09 16:13:11, BogDan Vatra wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I found a bug in KDevelop's CMake parse, it doesn't handle the
> add_definitions command in CMake files. This is very annoying because
> it doesn't parse correctly the files and it kills the code completion

Actually both the CMake support and the C++ support do use the definitions
from the cmake file (according to the code which I looked on a few weeks
ago).

Of course that doesn't mean that the code has no bugs, so we might not
properly manage to know about defines all the time.

If you want to look into it you need to look into
kdevelop/projectmanager/cmake (thats where add_definitions is parsed and
provided via the defines() member function) and kdevelop/languages/cpp
(thats where defines() should be called).

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.