KDevelop does not handle add_definitions in cmake files

BogDan Vatra taipanromania at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:13:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

  I found a bug in KDevelop's CMake parse, it doesn't handle the
add_definitions command in CMake files. This is very annoying because
it doesn't parse correctly the files and it kills the code completion

  I've attached a small example to reproduce this issue.
  I'll try to explain what I did in this example and what you should look for:
  1. Take a look to CMakelists.txt file in libs/lib1 and libs/lib2,
there you will find the defines.
  2. Take a look to include/kt.h there I use the defines.
  3. And finally look to libs1.cpp and libs2.cpp . There KDevelop
doesn't know what vecs/veci is, because it doesn't handle correctly
the add_definitions command in CMakeLists.txt in kt.h.

I want to try to fix this myself, it will take a while until I
understand KDevelop internals, and I'll appreciate any tips you can
give me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
BogDan,