KDevelop Hackathon 2010

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Oct 19 21:34:55 UTC 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 20:54:58 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi!
> It's nice to see you're taking that so seriously :).
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > So to those that missed the discussion in the other thread:
> >
> > -> We want to do another Hackathon in 2010.
> > -> The current possible places to do it are:
> >  1) Munich / Nokia - still unknown if the invitation is still valid
> >  2) Berlin / hosted by me
>
> I guess you should ask for permition first, right? :P
>
> 3) Anybody else offering?

The Kwrite people also suggested to ask Qt/KDAB. I've just send an application
for an internship, maybe I get an interview in the next days and could ask
about that as well. Though it kinda feels like going like a bull at a gate ;-)

> > So far, many said that Berlin would be great. I personally don't really
> > care,
> > as long as we do another sprint :) The last one was much fun.
> >
> > If we'd opt for Berlin, we'd have to do it somewhere between 15.02.2010
> > to 12.04.2010. I'd have to clear the bureaucracy stuff before that to
> > check if it
> > is really possible for me to host the sprint at the FU-Berlin / Physics
> > department. I have good hopes, though you never know ;-) bureaucracy...
>
> I'd suggest to better go sooner than later, since we need the time to get
> the stuff working. My schedule is not really clear yet though, so I can't
> know when I'll be available (so I think others won't know either).

I'll try to get some things cleared out at the University. It would be cool as
a backup anyways.

> > Another interesting fact is that the Kate guys also plan a hack sprint in
> > Berlin. They first wanted to do it in December, but the planning got
> > stuck afaik. I've written to their ML saying that we also plan a sprint.
> > It would be
> > imo very cool if we could do the sprint together with the Kate guys.
> >
> > Having a common day or something would be nice maybe, yes.
> >

> > To Adymo, or anyone else with experience:
> > If I'd host the sprint, what actions would be required? I assume I'd have
> > apply for funding at KDE e.V.? Afaik accommodations where sponsored by
> > KDE e.V. in Ukraine. The flights where "personal" and each one of us
> > applied for
> > funding separately.
> >
> You should tell the e.V. you are organizing a hackmeeting how much people
> will come and so on and they will say what can we get.

OK, thanks.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de