KDevelop Hackathon 2010

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Oct 19 17:05:31 UTC 2009

Hello!

So to those that missed the discussion in the other thread:

-> We want to do another Hackathon in 2010.
-> The current possible places to do it are:
  1) Munich / Nokia - still unknown if the invitation is still valid
  2) Berlin / hosted by me

So far, many said that Berlin would be great. I personally don't really care,
as long as we do another sprint :) The last one was much fun.

If we'd opt for Berlin, we'd have to do it somewhere between 15.02.2010 to
12.04.2010. I'd have to clear the bureaucracy stuff before that to check if it
is really possible for me to host the sprint at the FU-Berlin / Physics
department. I have good hopes, though you never know ;-) bureaucracy...

Another interesting fact is that the Kate guys also plan a hack sprint in
Berlin. They first wanted to do it in December, but the planning got stuck
afaik. I've written to their ML saying that we also plan a sprint. It would be
imo very cool if we could do the sprint together with the Kate guys.

To Adymo, or anyone else with experience:
If I'd host the sprint, what actions would be required? I assume I'd have to
apply for funding at KDE e.V.? Afaik accommodations where sponsored by KDE
e.V. in Ukraine. The flights where "personal" and each one of us applied for
funding separately.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de