Cleanup of plugins and Release Plan

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 18 16:25:14 UTC 2009

On 17.10.09 15:36:12, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> So much for that, now the the more important question (and as far as I
> recall from the last discussion regarding whats missing): Can we release
> with KDE 4.4? In particular I'd like to follow the KDE 4.4 release
> schedule, which means hard feature freeze in 5 weeks.
>
> Any of the devs have something on his plate which he thinks has to be in
> 4.0 that'll take longer than 5 weeks to implement?
>
> I'd personally really like to get into a feature freeze rather sooner
> than later. As you all may well know there's been almost no development
> in the last 2 or 3 weeks and I think/hope that a feature freeze and the
> following bug-fixing period would stimulate the development again.
> Simply because at least for me there's "so much to do" that I don't even
> know where to start and instead of starting somewhere I just find
> something else to do :(

Ok, so it seems nobody has a problem trying to release 4.4, as I said to
David we can always opt-out - before the RC1 which is due in
mid-january. I'm going to notify the release-team in the next days.

I'd like to release another beta before the "official" one that comes
with the hard feature freeze in 5 weeks. I'm thinking about doing it
next weekend or the weekend thereafter and releasing on monday/tuesday.

You have literary talent that you should take pains to develop.