Cleanup of plugins and Release Plan

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Oct 17 16:15:42 UTC 2009

Andreas Pakulat, 17.10.2009:
> On 17.10.09 16:35:14, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Aleix Pol, 17.10.2009:
> > > About 4.1, it would be nice if we could gather at some point for a dev
> > > meeting, maybe it's too early to think about that, but I guess it's the
> > > way to get things done in a uniform way.
> >
> > Ever since I came home from the last dev sprint, I wondered whether we
> > could not do the next meeting at Berlin. I could organize it. The
> > advantages:
> >
> > - good to reach
> > - "nearby" for those that live in Germany and relatively near for Niko
> > - a friend of mine has experience with accommodations, he organized
> > things for an Amarok sprint and several times during the LinuxTag fair,
> > should be affordable
>
> I have relatives living in berlin so I wouldn't even need accomodations
>
> :) (well, a sponsored ticket for the public transport would be nice)

That could be handled via KDE e.V., no?

> > - I work at the IT department of the Physics faculty at the FU-Berlin,
> > hence it's no problem at all to get a room for hacking, with really fast
> > networking etc.
>
> Even during the semester? Or would we need to find a time during the
> "holidays"?

Depends... We could probably do it even during the semester, but than again
I'd have to work+study+... And it could be that most rooms are occupied for
teaching as well. So I'd really prefer during the holidays, they are rather
long: 15.02.2010 to 12.04.2010.

> > - maybe some of the guys over at KDAB or from Qt Software could attend,
> > or at least meet for dinner or similar.
>
> It would be interesting to talk to some of the QtCreator people I think,
> maybe we do find a way to share some of the code we both have written -
> even if we cannot make the plugins loadable in the other app.

I'm not sure, but I think danimo now lives in Berlin, at least he's working
for Qt and imo is working on Qt Creator.

> > - probably the killer advantage for adymo: German beer :)
>
> Another killer argument: You can probably eat at a different
> "doener"-place each day :)

Yes, though I hope you don't intend to do that :D There are other nice places
to go :)

> Still cheaper than Munich I think.

As far as my experience goes: Yes, especially if you go to eat somewhere in
the cheaper districts, like Kreuzberg / Neukölln (where I happen to live). And
we can also eat at the Mensa of my University. It's rather good and I go there
every day. I might even be able to get you a "guest" discount, though I'll
have to check that.

> So, +1 for Berlin from me...

Cool
--