Debriefing from a long winded irc chat

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:05:08 UTC 2009

On 11/10/09 01:42, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Long mail, phew :)

Sorry ;)
> I haven't had a look at your plugin, but at least I can say the following:
>
> 1) It should be easily possible to create new user-defined project templates
> from inside kdevelop. it would probably the best to have a button "save this
> project as template", where every occurence of the project's name gets
> replaced by the proper placeholder etc.

the reason I did it the way that I did is so that I could take advantage
of the kdevplatform_add_app_templates macro, which I have no clue about.
If we could integrate a call to this macro into the "save as" dialog
then that would be great because they share the same code, although it
seems a bit scary that a UI may be able to call a cmake macro :s i don't
know.... And I think its important to keep the variable placeholders in
the code, and not just replace project name with placeholders. So in
fact what we would need would be a template template ;) Project > New
from template> kdevelop template. lol
> 2) these templates should be stored somewhere in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/ktemplatexyz (dunno how that app was called). but afaik
> that's already possible, no?

I may do some testing on this one tomorrow.
> 3) GHNS integration!! i.e. store the templates on kde-files.org

YES!!! beautiful suggestion! ;)