New release-plan

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 22:09:34 UTC 2009

п'ятниця, 27-лис-2009 23:53:19 David Nolden ви написали:
> But I won't participate in that suckage. Why do we need to do it? It gains
>  us nothing. I hate that KDE4 has done it that way..
I also hated that. But I can't see alternatives. 4.0 won't be ready anytime.
Just it has too many problems. I personally can easily list 10 issues why
sublime and shell need to delay the release.

> It is a consensus that we don't want unstable features. If a non-critical
> feature is unstable and not well maintained, then it is fine to remove it.
> However I, and some others, consider the source-formatter stuff a critical
> feature, which should be fixed (in any way) instead of removed.

Ok, remind me then please why we don't want to:
- ask the release team to let us bring the source formatter plugin back
- fix up the sourceformatter before 4.4 release date