New release-plan

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Nov 27 20:21:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 27.11.09 20:36:17, David Nolden wrote:
> > About moving KDevelop to extragear: You're right on the pace of
> development.
> > However, the location doesn't really matter, does it? It's just another
> svn
> > location to check out the source, and until someone complains, we don't
> need
> > to worry about this too much.
>
> Ok, then here you got my complaint :) I need to tell the release-team on
> each KDE release that they should exclude kdevelop, kdevplatform and
> disable quanta. And its simply not right to ignore KDE policies (I know
> you like to ignore such things). Especially so since I also think the
> location in svn doesn't matter at all.
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> Today is the last day of your life so far.
>
> --

Well maybe we can switch into kde whenever we feel safe. I think it's a good
thing to follow kde schedules, that way we don't have to think about when do
we want to release and so on.
For the moment, I don't really see why we're going to be so much better if
we release 1 month later, but if it's going to be _really_ better, I don't
think it makes much difference to appear 1 month later, otherwise, it's more
of a problem.

Said that I'd like to note that this might convert the meeting into a
bugfixing meeting instead of a 4.1 planning meeting.

Aleix