New release-plan

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:41:28 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 27 November 2009 20:21:18 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> However, I'll accept whatever the majority thinks. One thing that I
> think is in order then though is to move kdevplatform, kdevelop and
> quanta into extragear. Lets face it, our release cycles will never be
> along with KDE's as our pace is completely different (due to much less
> contributors and time). And I think we should respect the KDE policies
> here that clearly say that apps that want to release outside of KDE's
> cycle need to go to extragear.

Actually among the KDE projects, our activity is probably even above average.
Most have just 1 really active contributor, if at all. Still KDE is pushing
out one release after the other. Personally I think we would have much better
quality software if each application would release completely at its own pace,
at times when the application is _really_ stable.

Greetings, David