New release-plan

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Nov 27 19:12:36 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 19:44:31 David Nolden wrote:
> So Andreas said the only way of getting back the source-formatter is
>  releasing KDevelop4 separately of the 4.4 release cycle.
>
> Due to my somewhat reduced time, and as I feel that 2 months of
>  feature-freeze are not enough after 3 years of development, I anyway think
>  that we need slightly more time to fully stabilize KDevelop.
>
> So, I hereby propose an alternative release plan:
>
> - From now on, enter a "weak" feature freeze. That means: It is allowed to
>  add specific features that we consider important for the 4.0 release,
>  after discussions. For example need at least _some_ kind of
>  source-formatting support.
>
> - At 1st Feburary enter "hard" feature freeze.
>
> - At 30th March, Release KDevelop 4.0.
>
> I think that in this time, we can make KDevelop4 really rock-solid.

I'm OK with that, two more months of delay for a better first-impression sounds
good to me. I think we don't have to rush anything, we got already some users
that are really happy with what we can give them right now. Polishing that
should make it possible to show it to an even wider audience.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de