New release-plan

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:44:31 UTC 2009

So Andreas said the only way of getting back the source-formatter is releasing
KDevelop4 separately of the 4.4 release cycle.

Due to my somewhat reduced time, and as I feel that 2 months of feature-freeze
are not enough after 3 years of development, I anyway think that we need
slightly more time to fully stabilize KDevelop.

So, I hereby propose an alternative release plan:

- From now on, enter a "weak" feature freeze. That means: It is allowed to add
specific features that we consider important for the 4.0 release, after
discussions. For example need at least _some_ kind of source-formatting
support.

- At 1st Feburary enter "hard" feature freeze.

- At 30th March, Release KDevelop 4.0.

I think that in this time, we can make KDevelop4 really rock-solid.

Greetings, David