Memory consumption with large projects

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:27:36 UTC 2009

I don't have time to exactly look at your massif output, but neither the
token-stream, nor the AST should live for a long time.

Both of these are just temporary objects, that should be deleted once the
parsing is completed, unless the TopDUContext::AST feature is set, in which
case the stuff is attached to the du-context. However that feature is not used
during normal parsing, so that stuff should not really show up in the massif
output.

So we have to find out why the AST and token-stream are not deleted. I
remember having checked that at some point, but I think I came to the
conclusion that they were deleted properly. The whole stuff is stored in the
ParseSession object. But as I said, no time for this right now, as I have an
exam in monday.

Greetings, David