Java code completion

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Nov 26 06:39:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

So, java now parses the jdk source out of a zip file without expanding it
(neat, huh).  It can't really handle the whole jdk for the moment, but a
subset gets loaded ok and seems to be parsed (but haven't checked on the
duchain quality yet).  You have to use the java language settings in the
global configuration to point the language support at the jdk zip, then
restart kdevelop (for now).

However, although when I wrote the java code completion stuff it was getting
invoked, now the model that is invoked thinks it is in an invalid context
(maybe it is the c++ model being used?).  Is there something that has changed
about code completion, and if so where might I look for the breakage?

Thanks,
Hamish.