KDE/kdevplatform

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Fri Nov 27 10:32:13 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 11:06:25 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 November 2009 13:54:53 David Nolden wrote:

> As I said, the plugin cannot be re-activated without re-activated the
> public API or a major overhaul.

Can't we just deprecate it? And add a notice that it will be gone by 4.4.1 or
something?

> > As for the freeze and such matters, that is what freeze exceptions are
> > for.
>
> Its not just the exception, its also that somebody needs to do it soon and
> fast. And I'd rather spend my time fixing up the other loose ends than
> trying to create a hack on something under great pressure thats going to be
> thrown away again in 6 weeks anyway.

What I don't get: This worked a few weeks ago, last time I updated. 1052413
seems to still work, but I don't dare upgrade now. I think I am missing some
important piece of the puzzle here: What has happened in those few days that
requires the removal of such an important part of KDevelop?

I consider this important enough that I am willing to volunteer for whatever
work is necessary, I just don't get what exactly needs to be done in the short
run.

--
Kind regards, Esben