DUChain (?) crashes after recent updates.

Bertjan Broeksema bertjan at kdab.net
Wed Nov 25 11:52:37 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 12:32:49 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 25 November 2009 12:11:54 schrieb Bertjan Broeksema:
> > On Wednesday 25 November 2009 11:29:39 David Nolden wrote:
> > > The issue reported by Andrea Nicotra is fixed now. I actually expected
> > > such issues, as MMapping currently doesn't work on my system. Please
> > > report further issues.
> >
> > This seems to fix my crashes also.
> >
> > An unrelated question, I've a method updateUrl which looks like this:
>
> Hmm is this problem new? Possible that I broke the management of the AST
>  flag, see CppInternalParseJob::run(), specifically the management of the
>  "minimumFeatures" variable. The problem might be that at some point some
>  flags are removed, and it falsely might also remove the AST flag. I don't
>  have time to check this now though.

Well, I added a debug statement at cppparsejob.cpp:758 printing out the url of
the context and the address of the context. I added a similar debug statement
in my own code and the result is a bit surprising:

cppparsejob:
keeping ast "/home/bertjan/workspace/qgo/src/tip.h" 0x53dc430

My code:
AST not set for "/home/bertjan/workspace/qgo/src/tip.h" 0x4487640

The object I get seems a totally different object than the one operated on in
the parsejob. Before I didn't use the updateReady method but got the context
via DUChain::contextForUrl(). So I'm not sure when this broke.

Cheers,

Bertjan