Patch to make cmakeManager return clean path

Benjamin Schindler bschindler at inf.ethz.ch
Sun Nov 15 17:21:11 UTC 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 15.11.09 15:33:17, Benjamin Schindler wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Quite often one gets include path from cmake such as:
>> /some/build/dir//someincludeDir
>>
>> Even though such a path is valid, some comparisons fails (such as the
>> one in includepathcomputer.cpp:208:
>>
>>     m_hasPath.contains(r)
>>
>> The attached patch fixes this problem. However, I'm not sure whether
>> this is the correct solution. The m_hasPath.contains(r) should succeed imho
>>

> Exactly, a plain-string check most certainly is the worst way of
> testing. I can also think about symlinks and the like easily breaking
> this.

How should links break this? Could you post me a scenario? If a file is
accessible by two directory path through simlinks, at least one working
one has to be in the include path list. May be I misunderstand how you
retrieve the path r?

But then again, m_hasPath.contains probably does equality checks through
the == operator, so this comparison should not fail imho as is.

Cheers
Benjamin