Feature Freeze Reminder

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Nov 10 00:03:14 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009 00:14:23 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just so we're all on the same page, in about 2 weeks (yes thats 14 days)
> kdevelop will go into hard feature freeze. That means only bugfix
> commits until the final release (well, technically until 4.4 is branched
> off which usually happens at rc1).

OK, good to know.

> So if you have something unfinished: Commit it now with bugs and fix the
> bugs later on or if you can't make it just wait until the freeze is
> lifted. Please nobody put in last-minute-features that are not working
> properly until rc1 in start of january.

Lets see if I can at least push the "Toggle Tool View" in until than...I also
want to fix some quirks with Sublime while I'm at it... And I still want some
more features in the Class Browser... And a "real" outline toolview in
addition to the quickopen outline...

Damn - looks like I got a lot to do! I doubt I'll get this all, esp. since I
still have to write this Highlight Interface for Kate! Not to mention the
features planned for the Snippets...

> My further plans include another walk through our bugs to clean up
> duplicates and "already fixed" things and to also mark stuff for 4.0.
> And I'll mark most wish-requests targeted for "4.1" that are now
> targeted for 4.0.
>
> That way everybody should be able to get to a list of "bugs to be fixed
> in the next two months" rather easily (I'll send the search-url later
> on).
>
> Oh and I'm probably going to move two more plugins to playground,
> valgrind (apparently non-working and it creates a bit of a mess with the
> launch configs) and mercurial (as its not actively maintained and I have
> no clue about its state).

A pity, but well - better get something usable than something unstable...
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de