Feature Freeze Reminder

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Nov 9 23:14:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

just so we're all on the same page, in about 2 weeks (yes thats 14 days)
kdevelop will go into hard feature freeze. That means only bugfix
commits until the final release (well, technically until 4.4 is branched
off which usually happens at rc1).

So if you have something unfinished: Commit it now with bugs and fix the
bugs later on or if you can't make it just wait until the freeze is
lifted. Please nobody put in last-minute-features that are not working
properly until rc1 in start of january.

My further plans include another walk through our bugs to clean up
duplicates and "already fixed" things and to also mark stuff for 4.0.
And I'll mark most wish-requests targeted for "4.1" that are now
targeted for 4.0.

That way everybody should be able to get to a list of "bugs to be fixed
in the next two months" rather easily (I'll send the search-url later
on).

Oh and I'm probably going to move two more plugins to playground,
valgrind (apparently non-working and it creates a bit of a mess with the
launch configs) and mercurial (as its not actively maintained and I have
no clue about its state).

Let me put it this way: today is going to be a learning experience.