KDE/kdevplatform/shell

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:00:59 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 08 November 2009 16:42:49 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> SVN commit 1046382 by apaku:
>
> For newbie users its better to re-open projects, so change the default to
>  true.

The problem is that the loading of large projects is still very slow with
cmake. Consider for example kdebase, which needs about a minute. When the user
edited kdebase and then starts kdevelop in order to do something else, from
the users perspective kdevelop will be doing some strange useless stuff for
about a minute.

I'd rather prefer having a 'well defined' but less convenient default
behavior, rather than one that is convenient in some cases (small projects),
but confusing in other ones.

Ultimately though, we need to manage the set of opened projects through proper
session-management, but it's in question whether that will be done in time for
KDev 4.0.

Greetings, David