size_t and std::size_t

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue May 26 14:37:31 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 26 Mai 2009 16:17:56 schrieb Christoph Bartoschek:
> Hi,
>
> I am running kdevelop from today's SVN. The types size_t and std::size_t
> are not recognized although I have #include<cstddef>. What goes wrong here?
>
> Christoph
If you want to know it exactly, I think the problem is this:
In simplified environment-matching mode, the same top-context is used for a
document, no matter what #defines are set.

Now there's a header that contains something like
#ifndef HAVE_SIZE_T
typedef unsigned int size_t;
#define HAVE_SIZE_T
#endif

Without header guards around it. And when that is parsed for the second time
for some reason, the top-context is updated, and the actual definition of
size_t is deleted.

Greetings, David