Beta3 coming up, this time with guaranteed uploads

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 24 08:59:22 UTC 2009

On 22.05.09 21:44:58, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a short reminder that we'll be releasing Beta3 this weekend. I just
> talked to dfaure and it turns out that _everybody_ can upload stuff to
> the mirrors :)
>
> I'll probably do this tomorrow evening, i.e. move qmake+designer to
> playground as they don't work, tag the modules and create and shortly
> test tarballs.
>
> I'll re-use my template from the not-happened beta2 release for a
> dot-story as soon as the tarballs are uploaded and will reply to this
> mail then as well so people can spread the word in blogs and our
> website.

Tarballs are uploaded, so now I have to wait until the semi-automatic
upload-system copies them to the mirrors. In the meantime I've preprared
a release announcement for the dot, please have a look and let me know
any comments or things missing:

,----[ beta3_release_announcement ]-

`----

> PS: I'll also try to fixup valgrind now so it works at least for

This unfortunately didn't make it into the beta3 as we had some
real-life-hickups yesterday here.

Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as effective.