KDevelop 4.0 UI

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri May 22 21:27:23 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 22 Mai 2009 22:32:29 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> I don't think we want to create new UI paradigms. KDevelop should look like
> other KDE applications, with maybe little modifications (e.g. having the
> line along with the tabs or maybe these tabs on the top-right (which look
> better than on the left). But I still think we should minimize the
> WTF-effect (yep, just made that up, but happens often). Why does the
> menu-bar have a border? :S
Sure. Tabs are a very common UI paradigm, that's why they make sense. When the
user sees tabs, he knows what they're most probably going to do.

On the other hand, toolbar buttons that switch between completely different
states and contents of the whole UI are _not_ a common UI paradigm.

Of course we should minize the WTF effect. That's basically what all this is
about. ;-)