autotools support

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Sat May 16 19:07:29 UTC 2009

Hi Robert

I've just tried that but I get this error:

Scanning dependencies of target kdevautomakeimporter_automoc
Generating moc_automakeimporter.cpp
/home/bettini/install/kdevelop/projectmanagers/automake/automakeimporter.h:52:
Error: Undefined interface
automoc4: process for
/home/bettini/install/kdevelop/build/projectmanagers/automake/moc_automakeimporter.cpp
failed: Unknown error
pid to wait for: 0
returning failed..

in particular this line

Q_INTERFACES( KDevelop::IBuildSystemManager )

actually I rerun cmake and then make on an already compiled kdevelop (in
a separate build directory)...

Robert Gruber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the autotools plugin was moved to playground some time ago because it had no maintainer and was not developed any further.
>
> Recently I put some effort into the plugin to bring it into a usable state. Still working on it... ;)
>
> It's currently able to load Makefile.am files and populate the project-view with the found sub-directories, files and targets. Basic make-support is also implemented, so you're able to build either whole directories or single targets. Currently editing Makefile.am and running automake-and-friends has to be done manually. Separating build from source directory is not possible at the moment as make get called inside the source directory.
>

> If you want to give it a try you can find the plugin in KDE's svn under:
> /trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/automake
>
> Check it out into your local "kdevelop/projectmanagers/" directoy and modify your local "kdevelop/projectmanagers/CMakeLists.txt" file so that the automake directory will be built together with the rest of KDevelop.
>
> Due to the lack of an import-function you'll have to create a <projectname>.kdev4 by hand. The content of such a file should be:
> --------------snip--------------
> [Project]
> Manager=KDevAutotoolsImporter
> PrimaryLanguage=C++
> ManagementView=KDevProjectManagerView
> --------------snip--------------
> Place the file in the same directory as your project's top-most Makefile.am and open it using KDevelop4's "Open Project" function.
>

> Greets, Robert
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sat, 16 May 2009 17:32:04 +0200
>> Von: Lorenzo Bettini <bettini at dsi.unifi.it>
>> An: kdevelop-devel at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de
>> Betreff: autotools support
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just compiled the kdevelop from HEAD and I found that there's no
>> autotools support anymore (at least in the new project wizards), is that
>> true?

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net