autotools support

Robert Gruber R.Gruber at gmx.net
Sat May 16 17:30:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

the autotools plugin was moved to playground some time ago because it had no maintainer and was not developed any further.

Recently I put some effort into the plugin to bring it into a usable state. Still working on it... ;)

It's currently able to load Makefile.am files and populate the project-view with the found sub-directories, files and targets. Basic make-support is also implemented, so you're able to build either whole directories or single targets. Currently editing Makefile.am and running automake-and-friends has to be done manually. Separating build from source directory is not possible at the moment as make get called inside the source directory.

If you want to give it a try you can find the plugin in KDE's svn under:
/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/automake

Check it out into your local "kdevelop/projectmanagers/" directoy and modify your local "kdevelop/projectmanagers/CMakeLists.txt" file so that the automake directory will be built together with the rest of KDevelop.

Due to the lack of an import-function you'll have to create a <projectname>.kdev4 by hand. The content of such a file should be:
--------------snip--------------
[Project]
Manager=KDevAutotoolsImporter
PrimaryLanguage=C++
ManagementView=KDevProjectManagerView
Place the file in the same directory as your project's top-most Makefile.am and open it using KDevelop4's "Open Project" function.

Greets, Robert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
Robert Gruber -=- r.gruber at gmx.net