Help writing a plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 2 19:14:07 UTC 2009

On 02.05.09 10:28:19, Manoj Rajagopalan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am interested in writing a graphing plugin to visualize 1-D and 2-D
> arrays within the KDevelop debugger. I have tried to google info on
> writing KDevelop plugins but the only thread I found leads to a broken
> link that is supposed to contain an example plugin.
>
>   Can someone point me to a webpage or provide some info on how to go
> about this? I have used Qt and KDevelop extensively and have scanned the
> kdevelop source (SVN) and the API documentation.
>
>   I am using KDevelop 3.5 on Ubuntu 8.04. When I create a KDevelop
> Plugin (Standalone) project and try to build the skeletal project that
> is created, I get a huge number of linker errors. I am pasting the
> command that KDevelop issues and a sampler of these errors. Could
> someone please point what changes I might need to make to my project
> settings so I can eliminate these?
>
>   I am trying to develop this plugin for the 3.5 branch.

You can't do that as a plugin in KDevelop3, you have to do that for the gdb support
inside the gdb plugin (languages/cpp/debugger). There's no interface
exposed to get at the variables in the debugger.

However as others have said, kdevelop3 development is dead and I suggest to
try to do it within kdevelop4.

You will step on the night soil of many countries.