KDevelop4 and Automake

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat May 2 19:11:05 UTC 2009

On 02.05.09 11:03:30, Robert Gruber wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any ongoing effort to bring automake support to KDevelop4. Is anybody working on it or is the automake-plugin in playground free for commits?

Its free for commits.

> I took a look at it yesterday. As far as I could see the flex/bison parser looks pretty good. But the desktop-file and the implementation of IBuildSystemManager::parse() and import() are broken. With little effort I think I can get the plugin into a state where it should be at least able to load automake projects into KDevelop4.
>
> So in case there is nobody else working on automake support, I will re-code the automake plugin to make it a bit more useable.

To bring it into the trunk/ module again it'll need to supply the complete
project tree also for complex projects, needs to support all builder
methods and supply proper build directories. Thats a must. It would also be
good if it can support the add file/target/directory and remove API.

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.