Patch for preliminary Mercurial integration in kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 16 08:10:38 UTC 2009

On 16.03.09 00:23:21, Fabian Wiesel wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:21:48 +0100
> Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On 14.03.09 13:46:49, Fabian Wiesel wrote:
> > > Second, do we care about about 2-byte (or four-byte) character sets?
> >
> > Of course we do, the default charset on any modern linux distribution
> > is 2bytes on anything except us-ascii characters (i.e. utf-8). Of
> > course you don't necessarily need to care if you can enforce the app
> > that you're running to output only us-ascii.
>
> Actually, linux distributions are multi-byte character sets (utf-8). In
> UTF-8 (or S-JIS), a new line is still a single byte of a value, which
> does not occur in the rest of the byte-stream. This is the premise of
> ProcessLineMarker.
>
> Two-byte (UCS-2, as employed under Windows, MacOS X) characters do not
> have that constraint.

Misunderstood how you meant that "2-byte" cs :) Yes those could pose a
problem, but luckily it seems that unicode-output is at least on win32 not
very common - at least kdevelop doesn't break down that badly on win32 :)

Andreas

> If I'm not mistaken, two indic scripts (Gurmukhi and Gujarati) are
> blocks, which start with 0x0a. The Chinese symbol for above is one of
> the character ending on a 0x0a.
>
> > No, I was mostly just curious and I do agree actually (didn't think
> > about that). Oh but one thing: Please use 0 instead of NULL as return
> > value, thats in fact convention of our code in general.
>
> Consider it done.

A bit too late actually already as I've comitted the patch now.

> > > Generally, yes. I could maintain it. I don't have an SVN account
> > > yet.
> >
> > Nice :), so if you think you've got a patch that should be added let
> > me know and I'll commit it as a start. Feel free to apply for an svn
> > account (see the techbase website for how that works) as well as
> > it'll make maintainence a lot easier :)
>
> Okay, I will.

See above, I went ahead and comitted it as it seemed to be ok (sans two
small errors).

You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.