Patch for preliminary Mercurial integration in kdevplatform

Fabian Wiesel fabian.wiesel at fu-berlin.de
Sun Mar 15 23:23:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:21:48 +0100
Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 14.03.09 13:46:49, Fabian Wiesel wrote:
> > Second, do we care about about 2-byte (or four-byte) character sets?
>
> Of course we do, the default charset on any modern linux distribution
> is 2bytes on anything except us-ascii characters (i.e. utf-8). Of
> course you don't necessarily need to care if you can enforce the app
> that you're running to output only us-ascii.

Actually, linux distributions are multi-byte character sets (utf-8). In
UTF-8 (or S-JIS), a new line is still a single byte of a value, which
does not occur in the rest of the byte-stream. This is the premise of
ProcessLineMarker.

Two-byte (UCS-2, as employed under Windows, MacOS X) characters do not
have that constraint.

If I'm not mistaken, two indic scripts (Gurmukhi and Gujarati) are
blocks, which start with 0x0a. The Chinese symbol for above is one of
the character ending on a 0x0a.

> No, I was mostly just curious and I do agree actually (didn't think
> about that). Oh but one thing: Please use 0 instead of NULL as return
> value, thats in fact convention of our code in general.

Consider it done.

> > Generally, yes. I could maintain it. I don't have an SVN account
> > yet.
>
> Nice :), so if you think you've got a patch that should be added let
> me know and I'll commit it as a start. Feel free to apply for an svn
> account (see the techbase website for how that works) as well as
> it'll make maintainence a lot easier :)

Okay, I will.

Fabian