Patch for preliminary Mercurial integration in kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 07:48:19 UTC 2009

On 12.03.09 07:26:15, Gabor Garami wrote:
> And wat a problem? KUrl can point to local URIs too (like file:///) so
> i don't think this idea no makes sense.

We're not talking about _local_ stuff on your filesystem, we're talking
about _remote_ repositories.

> I thinking on a git KIO support - when I will grow up and be free :-)
> - like svn (git+file:///, git+http://, git+ssh://).

We tried to use a kio slave for svn support in kdevelop3 and its horrible
for an IDE. The kio API just isn't meant to be used for that.

Apart from that, "inventing" a special protocol is just wrong IMHO.

Keep it short for pithy sake.