Font problems with recent changes (last 3 days?)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 1 21:48:24 UTC 2009

On 01.03.09 21:05:41, Milian Wolff wrote:
> One of the commits in the recent times broke fonts in KDevelop for some
> people, including me.
>
> Symptom: All fonts are too small, tabs don't show the full text, etc.
>
> I located the problem in ~/.kde/share/kdeglobals which is _very_ strange since
> any other KDE application works just fine for me.
>
> The problematic part is the font-stuff in the [General] section, i.e.:
>
> desktopFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> fixed=DejaVu Sans Mono,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> font=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> menuFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> smallestReadableFont=DejaVu Sans,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> taskbarFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
> toolBarFont=DejaVu Sans,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
>
> If I remove those lines, kdevelop works fine. What is even more strange, is
> that when I use systemsettings to save the _defaults_ (which I assume should
> be used even when those lines don't exist in kdeglobals) kdevelop is messed up
> once again.
>
> Can anyone fix that? I want my custom font-sizes back!

Then you need to report this to the right people, kdevelop doesn't change
any font's at all on itself and there's been no commits font-related
either. So you most probably want to ask kde-core-devel or kde-devel. Apart
from that compare what font is shown when removing the entries vs. when
clicking the "Defaults" button. And of course check back what else changed
on your system.

You will be given a post of trust and responsibility.