Font problems with recent changes (last 3 days?)

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Mar 1 20:05:41 UTC 2009

One of the commits in the recent times broke fonts in KDevelop for some
people, including me.

Symptom: All fonts are too small, tabs don't show the full text, etc.

I located the problem in ~/.kde/share/kdeglobals which is _very_ strange since
any other KDE application works just fine for me.

The problematic part is the font-stuff in the [General] section, i.e.:

desktopFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
fixed=DejaVu Sans Mono,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
menuFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
smallestReadableFont=DejaVu Sans,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
taskbarFont=DejaVu Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
toolBarFont=DejaVu Sans,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

If I remove those lines, kdevelop works fine. What is even more strange, is
that when I use systemsettings to save the _defaults_ (which I assume should
be used even when those lines don't exist in kdeglobals) kdevelop is messed up
once again.

Can anyone fix that? I want my custom font-sizes back!
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de