DVCS plugin interface

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.pl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:02:40 UTC 2009

On Sunday 21 June 2009 17:32:25 Lorenzo Villani wrote:
> On Sunday 21 June 2009 20:18:41 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > [cut]
> >
> > So what could work is make the commit dialog non-modal and show the diff
> > in the editor and have the dialog stay on top, thats a bit like the
> > find-dialog in kde3/kate and I know its annoying to have to move it
> > around but the best compromise I can think of right now. I don't think a
> > commit-dialog like the current find-dialog in kde4 works very well.
>
> What about dropping the commit dialog entirely and putting it in a tab
> instead (which is closed when you press the "commit" button)? Qt Creator
> did exactly this the last time I used it (if I remember correctly). There
> would also be enough space to put the kompare kpart.

I agree, dialogs are evil and put the diff inside then would make the dialog
larger, but having a non-modal dialog will be even worst, just try to remenber
the kate3 find dialog. So put all in a new tab is a good ideia IMO, because I
don't want to do two independent actions to do a commit:

- go to the context-menu; request a diff of the files that I want;
- go to the context-menu (again); request a commit; select just the files that
I want.

The QtCreator way I the best way, I think.

--
Hugo Parente Lima
"Precisamos de mais gênios humildes no mundo, hoje somos poucos!"
JID: hugo at jabber.org