How to integrate Valgrind

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:24:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 23:37, Andreas Pakulat<apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to fixup the valgrind plugin so it at least can do memory
> checkings and I'm still unsure wether to
>
> - have all valgrind modes available under the "Profile" option and hence
>  you'll have to change the launch config when you want to change from
>  memcheck to callgrind
> - or have a separate launch mode for each and hence have 5 (or so) new
>  XXX Profile actions
I think it would be best if you configer your launches _once_ and then you can
use them. If you want to swich from gdb to another debugger you have to change
the launch config (as both provide the same functionality).
But this case is more like execute vs. debug.

So the profile submenu will be dynamically filled with all profile
actions the valgrind
plugin provides. And if there is a second profile plugin avaliable
those actions will
be added too.
I think that's ok.

Niko