How to integrate Valgrind

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 21:37:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm about to fixup the valgrind plugin so it at least can do memory
checkings and I'm still unsure wether to

- have all valgrind modes available under the "Profile" option and hence
  you'll have to change the launch config when you want to change from
  memcheck to callgrind
- or have a separate launch mode for each and hence have 5 (or so) new
  XXX Profile actions

The latter also would need a bit of extension of launchmodes so I can
group all the new profile actions under a Profile menu. Apart from that
extra work we'd end up with something like:

Run
Debug
Profile-> Profile
          Profile Memory
          Profile Function Calls
          Profile Threads
          Profile XXXX

Which I personally find quite ugly, but is better than having them all
directly in the Run menu.

Obviously Profile would only be enabled if the current launch config has
a launcher that provides a base "Profile" mode.

Anybody with better ideas?

Ships are safe in harbor, but they were never meant to stay there.