KDevelop4 Beta4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 15 18:38:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

Fellow developers, what are your thoughts about Beta4? I now have upload
access to the ftp server, so I'm in full control of when we roll out.
David mentioned that there's been quite a bit of bugfixing shortly after
the last beta for C++/duchain. We also had some fixes in cmake and other
parts I think.

As I think most of our users have most time during the weekend I'd like
to do a release sometime at the end of next week - unless somebody has
objections. I'd also like to put in a short freeze before that so we can
ensure the beta has proper quality without me catching up commits in the
tag. How about starting the freeze on monday, fixing any blocker bugs
(easy to hit crashes, things where you get stuck and cannot get out of
something) until thursday. I'll then tag both modules on thursday and
create tarballs on friday (to have some time in case something big shows
up) and test them. If time permits I'll upload them friday evening and
I'll make sure the announcement is out saturday morning.

Comments?

Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.