Java language support

Stefan Valouch stefanvalouch at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:19:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone

I just succeeded in making the java language plugin from
playground-devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/java compile. Mainly, I corrected
the code to be compiled against trunk API and silent some g++ warnings.
The patch is here: http://valouch.info/patches/kde/playground-devtools/0001-
Make-the-java-plugin-compile.patch

(i think the csharp plugin is in a similar shape and can be made compilable
with similar actions)

Now I'm trying to make kdevelop recognize the plugin. I've installed it, run
kbuildsycoca4 and wiped out all kdevelop related files in my .kde dir as well
as the complete .kdevduchain folder.
KDevelop itself does not show which language plugins are loaded, and when i
create a new project (.kdev4 files based on some from another non-java
project), KDevelop does only basic syntax highlighting (means to me: file not
parsed by a language plugin).

What more is required to make it work?
I plan to put some time into that plugin, but first, i need to know if it even
works.

Greetings,
Stefan