Script Launcher

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 26 18:31:32 UTC 2009

On 26.07.09 19:04:24, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to continue on the xdebug plugin and need a script launcher for that.
> As Andreas wrote[1] some time ago I'd create a new plugin "ExecuteScript"
> - a copy of the execute plugin - and add an interpreter setting there.
> But this would copy a lot of code.
>
> And is a new plugin needed at all?
> The execute plugin is already capable of launching scripts - if you enter
> the interpreter as executable and the script path as argument.

I'd rather see the common code moved up into a library if there's really
soo much to share. However I'm not quite sure about that, I don't think
the build-deps stuff would be needed for a script as scripts are usually
not built. Also you don't want gdb debugger for the debug mode of such
scripts, same for the valgrind stuff. Also you want arguments for the
script as well as the interpreter.

All the troubles you have will pass away very quickly.