KDevelop UI states

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 24 14:07:50 UTC 2009

On 24.07.09 12:00:25, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Freitag 24 Juli 2009 11:30:23 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > I've played around with the sessions widget a bit, and I couldn't get it
> > > to do what I want. How can I load another session?
> >
> > Just make it active and then close and re-open kdevelop. I'm not sure
> > right now wether I just delayed loading it directly in the running
> > instance or wether its not possible to do that.
> Isn't it planned to allow switching the session on-the-fly? If we want this to
> be convenient, then it has to be easier then that. Although it is not a bad
> thing to start a new kdevelop instance, so maybe we should just start a new
> instance with the selected session, and close the current instance, when a
> session is picked.

Yeah, should be ok to close and restart kdevelop. Having an easier to
access submenu of the actual sessions wouldn't be a big deal either.

> > > Once that works properly, it also should be moved out of that "Tools"
> > > menu, into a place where it's more findable, maybe the "Project" menu as
> > > it allows switching the loaded set of projects.
> >
> > Its under the Settings menu and thats where it belongs, it changes
> > settings after all.
>
> The set of currently loaded projects isn't a setting.. that's why that thing
> IMO doesn't belong into 'Settings', at least as long as we want to advertise
> it as a system to load different 'Project Sets'.

Its not just the list of currently loaded projects, its also the list of
loaded plugins, the global launch configs and the Projects settings. As
I said I didn't want to just move all settings into the session as some
might not make sense to change with each session.

You will not be elected to public office this year.