KDevelop UI states

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:29:04 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 18:48:39 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> So yeah, sessions are an easy way of switching everything, if we store
> workingsets and area setups in the active session. I've refrained from
> just moving everything from the global config to the session when I
> introduced them as I've seen the downside of that in kate. We really
> need to think which settings should be part of the session and which are
> better stored globally.

If we think of sessions as of "the thing I'm working on" then it's quite clear
that:
1) we need to be able to switch between sessions without closing kdevelop
2) sessions aren't necessarily a good place to store duchain data
3) sessions should not store most of the user's settings (at least not the
global ones)
4) sessions do not belong to "settings"
5) area configuration should be stored in a session
6) working sets should be stored in a session
7) launch configurations and build sets should be stored in a session