KDevelop UI states

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Jul 24 10:00:25 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 24 Juli 2009 11:30:23 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > I've played around with the sessions widget a bit, and I couldn't get it
> > to do what I want. How can I load another session?
>
> Just make it active and then close and re-open kdevelop. I'm not sure
> right now wether I just delayed loading it directly in the running
> instance or wether its not possible to do that.
Isn't it planned to allow switching the session on-the-fly? If we want this to
be convenient, then it has to be easier then that. Although it is not a bad
thing to start a new kdevelop instance, so maybe we should just start a new
instance with the selected session, and close the current instance, when a
session is picked.

> > Once that works properly, it also should be moved out of that "Tools"
> > menu, into a place where it's more findable, maybe the "Project" menu as
> > it allows switching the loaded set of projects.
>
> Its under the Settings menu and thats where it belongs, it changes
> settings after all.

The set of currently loaded projects isn't a setting.. that's why that thing
IMO doesn't belong into 'Settings', at least as long as we want to advertise
it as a system to load different 'Project Sets'.

Greetings, David