Adding build-set to working file set

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:02:10 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 16:50:33 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Aren't you trying to make this whole workingset too complicated?
I second this question.

> It's already complicated for users to understand them with just files. I
> wonder if that won't make it harder to understand...
One of the users Aleix is probably referring to is, actually, myself :)

I've started using KDevelop4 on my laptop at Akademy and now I have exactly 25
working set icons near the menubar visible!

And so far my impressions about working sets are:
1) I have no idea how they work (i.e. when files are added there, when new
sets are created, etc.)
2) I have no idea when to use them (never understood the logic behind
workingsets enough to use)

Before you kick me for being stupid, I have to say that I just tried to
emulate regular user here (i.e. didn't want to think about working sets' logic
and read code).

I remember David talking about working sets in Mykolayiv and I remember myself
being in favor of this feature. I'm still in favor of it, but my experience so
far proves that it is indeed quite complicated to use.