KDE/kdevplatform/debugger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 22 12:08:48 UTC 2009

On 22.07.09 13:48:34, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 22.07.09 13:34:04, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 21.07.09 21:22:14, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 21 July 2009 07:21:45 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > No, openSUSE works fine without it.
> > >
> > > But krazy complains about it. As you may have noticed I only do krazy commits
> > > to kdevplatform, because that one actually has an API that should be clean,
> > > consistent and documented. KDevelop has no API, so I do not do commits there.
> >
> > Then apparently krazy has a bug. There's no policy saying that we should
> > a) use mixed-case headers over lower-case headers
> > b) need the KDE/ prefix
> >
> > Nor could I find any info about this on the ebn as krazy is apparently
> > broken right now.
>
> Soo, I've installed krazy2 here and ran it on a file where I deliberatly
> removed the KDE part from the include. The reported error only states that
> "it should be KDE/KClass" without explaining why or pointing to a page that
> explains why. Hence I'm led to believe that there's no good reason to do so
> and I'll revert those commits now.

Dooh :( Sometimes you need to think out of the box for a moment to realize
the reason for something. Ok, so apparently the idea is the same as for the
QtClass includes. That is, in case someone ever wants to use
$non-cmake-buildsystem he might not add <prefix>/include/KDE to the list of
includes, but only <prefix>/include. In which case you'll need to have
#include <KDE/KFoo>.

I'm not really sure though about the usefulness of this as I can't see
anybody loving $non-cmake-buildsystem and KDE so much to replicate
FindKDE4Internal.cmake&Friends for another buildsystem.

You are not dead yet.  But watch for further reports.