Increasing dependency of KDE to 4.3

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Thu Jul 16 14:57:58 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag 16 Juli 2009 15:22:10 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> the 4.3.0 release is "just around the corner" (about 2 weeks from now),
> I'd like to discuss when we expect distributions to ship KDE 4.3, so
> that we can depend on KDE4.3? I'm currently thinking about waiting 3-4
> weeks and then do the next beta that includes an increased kde
> dependency.
>
> Opinions?
At least right now, I don't see a reason for us to do it at all. There has
been no relevant patches to kate.

First thing we should do is wait until KDE 4.3 is released. Then, IMO we
should just not worry until the next important patch is fixed in kate that
will be backported to KDE 4.3 but not to KDE 4.2. Then is the time to increase
the dependency.

We shouldn't do it just in the sake of doing it, as it may still put some
unneeded pain on users.

Greetings, David