No KDevelop4 Beta5 yet

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 12 09:21:54 UTC 2009

On 12.07.09 10:50:02, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Hi apaku, list,
>
> On Sunday 12 July 2009 10:33:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > First and foremost, development is currently rather slow, especially
> > since the beta4 release there haven't been a lot of fixes or features
> > implemented. So I think a beta5 isn't yet useful. Apart from that I'm on
> > holidays now, so (hopefully) will have some time (and motivation) for
> > hacking on other larger parts and fixing up some loose ends to make
> > beta5 a really really good release.
>
> The reasons I asked are:
> - 6 crash bugs have been fixed and,

Interesting, wasn't aware thats been so many. Note that most of David's
"crash bugfixes" are nowadays of the "could possibly happen in rare
cases", i.e. nobody really ran into it yet.

> - We could take a ride with KDE 4.3 RC2

As we're doing the whole release ourselves I actually like doing it
between two KDE releases as that'll get more "publicity" on the dot as
if we're following close to or just before a KDE release story. And RC2
is mostly a minor release to paper over the mess thats been done in RC1
(distro's picking the tag to package that instead of waiting for the
official tarballs and hence people seing bugs that are not in the
tarballs)

You will pioneer the first Martian colony.