Some help with launch configurations

Killerfox killerfox512 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 03:52:44 UTC 2009

>> On Friday 10 July 2009 Kishore wrote:
>> > I am currently unable to understand the concept of launch configurations.
>> > Is there a document that explains this? Or could come dev be kind enough
>> > to explain the concept. The final plan and the current state?
>>
>> Hmm, somebody probably should write this up, with rationale and what not.
>>
>> > One of the main confusions i have is the difference between "Project
>> Target"
>> > and "Executable". No matter which target (library or executable in the
>> > project) that i specify in "Project Target" it always shows in red.
>>
>> This is probably some bug -- are you using cmake as build system?
>
>Note that you really need to specify the target, not just the folder. So
>for example to start kdevelop (where the executable target is 'kdevelop' in
>the folder "app" in the kdevelop project) it is:
>
>kdevelop/app/kdevelop
>
>However I'm pretty sure that project target doesn't work with custom
>makefiles as that project type has no information about the targets that
>exist in the project.

I cannot launch debug through a target either, I tried just putting the target
name, putting the target relative to the project root, and specifying the
project name as you just did, but nothing will work, I always get red. I
specify the executables directly every time. It would be great to add
completion menu just like the file line edit.