KDevelop template: Simple CMake based C++ project

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 09:51:52 UTC 2009

On 19.02.09 07:53:07, Gabor Garami wrote:
> Thanks a comment
>
>   - I added CMake module path adding because this project template
> doesn't assume any helper module (like KDE4 stuffs) installed, and, if
> I guess well, this needed if project provided by standalone.

No its not needed. A CMakeLists.txt to compile main.cpp into foo looks like
this:

project(foo)
add_executable(foo main.cpp)

there's no need to set any module-path.

>  - pkgconfig: Same things here. This is needed for use any pkgconfig
> package if project doesn't assume any helper modules. But this is an
> optional stuff. How can I mark it to be clear this is an optional?

It shouldn't be there in the first place. This is a plain simple C++
console app template. If somebody wants to use pkg-config stuff, he should
start by reading the cmake manual about that and then he knows what he has
to add to the CMakeLsits.txt.

>   - Empty doc/icons dir: I'll correct it anyway, thanks. I think icons
> dir is in wrong place. Where is the correct place of template icons
> what not related to generated project but template itself? Is there
> any way to provide some icon for template (like what appears with
> existing KDE4 application template)?

Yes, but I don't know wether we support that with the kdevelop macro and I
don't know either how thats done with kdesdk/kapptemplate.

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.