Start page for KDevelop 4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 21:07:27 UTC 2009

On 17.02.09 15:38:03, Kris Wong wrote:

> > > I think we each have a different definition of session here. I don't mean
> > > session as in the kdevelop 3 sense of loaded plugins and such. I mean
> > > restoring opened projects and files from when kdevelop was closed.
> >
> > Then we have the same definition of session, last-opened-projects are
> > already stored in the session, files is a bit more complex
> > because that
> > also means the complete mainwindow layout (or rather complete area(s)
> > configuration).
>
> Ahh. A configuration option is not very useful in this scenario. I don't
> always want to do one thing or the other. Although, if this is the only
> option I would have, I'd definitely prefer to have it not restore the
> session. This is actually the only thing I use the creator start page for.

Hmm, having a second thought, maybe the following would work:

- if the start page is shown, no session is auto-loaded, instead you get
  to choose
- if one disables the start page the last-used session is always loaded
  on start

This obviously conflicts with the quick-open idea, because then re-loading
projects while viewing the start-page is not happening.

Courage is your greatest present need.