Start page for KDevelop 4

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Feb 17 20:20:44 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 17 Februar 2009 21:07:51 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > 4. We should find a place for a global quickopen somewhere. So you
> > > could just type a class-, function- or file-name in there, and KDevelop
> > > would directly open the corresponding file and project.
> >
> > This could poententially be confusing at first, since the user doesn't
> > have any projects open, but I don't dislike the idea.
>
> I'm not sure of the usefulness. If the user starts kdev the first time
> there's nothing we have in the list, if he chooses to have the page
> available on each start, we'd have to re-open projects in the background
> and until thats done the list is also empty.

That would of course only be useful in case the page is shown on every startup
even if you're a regular KDevelop user. Else I would feel lost on that page if
I exactly know where I want to go. We could also offer something like "Close
Session", closing everything currently open, and allowing a fresh start from
the start-page, then this could be handy as well.

Not sure if I'd really use it much, but we have the architecture so we could
use it for something like this.

Greetings, David